Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cruise #2 - Collective Journey

Hello Again Everyone! Just got back from cruise #2 with Collective Journey in Redlands...so much to tell you about...

My cabin buddy this time was my very good friend, Vanessa -




We were also joined by my friends Natalie (whom I've know since junior high school) and Sharon.





This cruise was a little different for me...in that, I originally wasn't supposed to teach on the cruise and it was going to be my "girls weekend" to get away and scrap. But when the store asked me to teach, of course I couldn't say no! But still, my friends were on this trip and we didn't change any of our plans to make it our girls getaway! This group of friends that I went with are very serious scrappers! In all, the four of us completed over 230 pages in three days! Natalie was on top with 64 completed pages, followed by Sharon and Vanessa who each completed about 55 pages each and then me I finished 59 - but 48 of those were my page exchange pages, 9 were my personal pages and 2 were Vanessa's cute little baby Hannah!



Natalie and Sharon won the photo scavenger contest! They were women on a mission!




And the four of us (Totally Cool Funky Divas) won the Saturday night PJ contest for best team spirit!





I have to tell you a funny story - After dinner Saturday night (which is formal night) the four of us went to our rooms to change for pj night in the scrapbook room. We had the great idea to go downstairs where everyone was having their pictures taken in their formal wear and get pictures taken in our pjs! What a funny sight to see - four grown women (who between the four of us have 13 children) in our jammies, waiting in line with all these fancy dressed people - looking at us as if we had lost our minds! To a few of them we said "oh we must not have gotten the memo that it was formal night - we thought it was pajama night!" A few people laughed! The photographer thought we were crazy - in a good way, and wanted to keep taking our pictures! But we finally had to tell him we had to go... And have you ever had that nightmare that when you least expect it, especially when you don't have make-up on, you will see someone you know...well that's exactly what happened to me! Here we are in our purple pj's and who of all people do I see, Coach Bob! He was the boys' baseball coach a couple years back...I think he thought we were crazy, in a bad way! lol But at least it wasn't my high school boyfriend or something like that!

Anyway... we had so much fun! Even though this time the water was a little rocky, it was a great weekend! Hopefully next time, if you didn't make it this year, you'll be able to join me next year!

Cruise #3 is just two weeks away!

take care -
terina

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...