Tuesday, July 08, 2008

An OMGosh Moment in a Mom's Life!

I know my babies are growing up!
I have faced the reality that I will someday be the shortest person in the family...and that is all too fast happening. I swear I wake up each day and these boys have grown another inch or two!
But the thing that got me this past weekend was the fact that not only is Michael starting to learn how to drive...but Korey is too!
This just can't be happening!
We let Michael drive (the whole family in the car) over to our friend's house on the 4th. Of course it was only about 5 residential blocks and no major streets or signals, but still on the real road! He did really good...Mom was a crazy wreck! But he really did good for his first time! Of course I had the camera to capture the memory of this milestone! (I'll explain the cast in a minute)













Then if this wasn't enough...
On Saturday the 5th...
Kurt and the boys were rearranging and cleaning up the garage and the car needed to be moved off the driveway...so he throws the keys to Korey!
OMGosh!
This is how he started with Michael...kinda to ease them (and us) into the feel of driving the car!
But he did great! Like he'd been driving forever!
And of course I ran and got my camera!








So now a new chapter in our life has just begun...
No more am I the mom of 4 boys...
No...I'm the mom of 4 teenage boys (Well 3 teens and a tween)
And they are starting to become men right before my very eyes!

ttfn
t

regarding the cast: Not broken...just a really, really bad sprain - 1 trip to the hospital after a crazy game of Extreme Steal the Bacon (What were they thinking?!?) And his whole thumb, wrist and palm of his hand is black and blue...cast will come off this week hopefully...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I know how you feel. Mine are getting so big and old so fast.
Hey I tagged you and nominated you on my blog. Check it out there. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...