Friday, April 20, 2007

National Scrapbook Day 2007

In 1994, Creative Memories started National Scrapbook Day! And now thanks to them, scrapbookers all around the country get together to celebrate their passion for scrapbooking on the first Saturday each May! I have even heard there are groups of scrapbookers who are trying to get the government to make National Scrapbook Day a federal holiday!

I'm not a CM kind of scrapbooker, but I do observe NSD each year! In the past I have held my own crops with friends, scrapbooked with a friend and have even gone to my LSS to crop. This year however, I'm taking it one step further...why celebrate NSD on one day when you can stretch it to TWO! Alot of scrapbook stores are doing this now...several that I teach at in Southern California are holding crops both Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th! This year, I am personally going to attend a two day celebration at my LSS "It's About Time" www.itsabouttimescrapbooks.typepad.com I'm going to go with some of my scrappin' pals and we will spend 24hrs (in total) croppin' our little hearts out!

My goal for this NSD is 30 layouts...hopefully I'll make it! Happy National Scrapbook Day to all you scrappers out there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...